Home / AUP
Home / AUP
Host Surf UK are dedicated to providing excellent service for every customer. The conditions which follow ensure that we continue to provide excellent service to all our customers.
Host Surf UK reserves the right to suspend or Terminate a customers account to any or all services provided by Host Surf UK at anytime an account violates our terms and conditions and/or Acceptable Use Policy.
To report any violation or abuses of these polices please contact ourAbuse Department.
Usage of our Products
Whilst users continue, or intend to use Host Surf UK services, they are required to agree and follow with the following regulations. If not applied at all times, users can expect their accounts to be suspended immediately without any prior notice. Performing illegal actions from your service(s) including but not limited to: Hacking, scripting, infecting computers or servers, fraud, money laundering, copyrighted material, trademark, prescription drug sales, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws or the laws of the UK. breaching over’s privacy. The distribution or storage of illegal software on our servers is also not permitted. All content must have permission of the creators/developers for use on your website.The use of proxy servers or speed testing is not permitted on our servers. Host Surf UK reserve the right to terminate your service at anytime an account violates our terms and conditions or Acceptable use policy, any data lost will not be recovered. By not following any of these terms, as well as other terms set out will result in the immediate suspension of your services. This may also require involvement of the authorities in the user’s country of residence, as well as the UK authorities.
Host Surf UK is not obliged to monitor the network for the purpose of examining customer’s content. You hereby acknowledge that if we are made aware of content that is determined to be racist, prejudice, violent, malicious or obscene. Any types of hate sites including terrorist related sites will not be tolerated on our servers. Any noticed we receive regarding hate sites on our servers, we will contact the customer hosting the content immediately. The customer will be required to remove the content within a fixed time frame or the account will be suspended or terminated.
The following is forbidden on both shared, reseller hosting, VPS and Dedicated Servers.
You agree NOT to host:
- Torrents/Key Gens/Hacks/Patches
- Nulled scripts and software
- Documents breaking UK, EU and US laws as well as the laws of the user’s country of residence
- Uploading, linking to or storing warez, cracks or other pirated software.
- Assisting in or directly distributing copyrighted material.
- Using your account as a backup service. All files must be part of your website and must be linked to from your account.
- mp3s, audios, videos, anime, archive files
- counterfeit goods
- Providing fake or incomplete contact details, including name, postal address and telephone number.
- Using the Service to operate server programs, including, but not limited to mail servers, IRC servers, game servers, ftp servers, Web servers, or streaming audio/video servers.
- Attempting, in any way, to interfere with or deny service to any user or any host on the Internet.
- Performing a chargeback on any transactions past or present will result in account suspension until resolved. If a chargeback is issued we reserve the right to remove your account any deny any future business.
- Using the Service for mail bombing, which includes any instance where multiple messages are sent to a specific destination with the intent to render the recipient and/or the electronic system serving that recipient dysfunctional.
- Attempting to cancel, supersede, or otherwise interfere with email other than your own.
- Engaging in harassment, whether through language, frequency, or size of messages, either with email or website content.
No bill credit will be given for a period of suspension. In the event of termination of your use of the Service under this section, Host Surf UK may at its sole discretion retain any or all amounts you have paid for use of the Service as liquidated damages for your actions.
Server Resource Usage
- Use 10% or more of system resources for longer then 60 seconds. There are numerous activities that could cause such problems; these include: CGI scripts, FTP, PHP, HTTP, MySQL etc.
- Run any type of interactive real-time chat applications that require server resources. Remotely-hosted services are fully allowed.
- Run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the server. This includes any and all daemons, such as IRCD.
- Run any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network.
- Run any bit torrent application, tracker, or customer.
- Participate in any file-sharing/peer-to-peer activities
- Run any gaming servers such as counter-strike, half-life, battlefield1492, etc
- Run cron entries with intervals of less than 30 minutes
Customers are allowed to set up cron jobs to perform functions automatically. Any client who schedules cron jobs in such a manner that jobs take more then half the time to complete before the next scheduled iteration, and more frequently then 10 minutes is abusing the cron system. Any automated processes that excessively consume resources and impact server stability will be removed and could lead to the account being suspended.
Customers may not use the Host Surf UK networks or servers or those of partners or associated providers to attempt in any way to circumvent user authentication or security of any host, network, or account. This includes, but is not limited to, accessing any data not intended for the customer, logging into any server or account the customer is not expressly authorized to access, password cracking, probing the security of other networks in search of weakness, or violation of any other organization’s security policy. Customers may not attempt to interfere or deny service to any user, host, or network. This includes, but is not limited to, flooding, mail bombing, or other deliberate attempts to overload or crash a host or network. Host Surf UK will cooperate fully with investigations of violations of systems or network security at other sites, including cooperating with the authorities in the investigation of suspected criminal violations. Users who violate system or network security may incur criminal or civil liability.
Internet Relay Chat and online voice software
Host Surf UK prohibits operating IRC or IRC Bots, Teamspeak, Ventrillo and any other IRC or voice chat related software on any of our servers.
Fair Usage Policy and Unlimited Disk Space and Bandwidth
Unlimited disk space and bandwidth means there is no set limits on our packages. Host Surf UK want you to have the resources you need to build your site without any limits.
But, however we do need to make sure we continue to provide a full active service to all our customers. As such we do require all customers to be fully compliant with our Fair Usage Policy and Terms and Conditions.
Customers on unlimited hosting packages this includes but not limited to shared hosting and reseller hosting packages. As a customer of Host Surf UK you agrees to be subject to the following fair usage policy:
We will not tolerate any content which is racist, prejudice, violent, malicious or obscene. Any types of hate sites including terrorist related sites will not be tolerated on our servers. Any noticed we receive regarding hate sites on our servers, we will contact the customer hosting the content immediately. The customer will be required to remove the content within a fixed time frame or the account will be suspended or terminated.